Dr. Tiffany T. Butler offers urgent chiropractic care. To goal of urgent chiropractic care is to get treatment for your injuries sooner rather than later. If you want a same day or after hours appointment, call (240) 264 – 6372 to request an office or mobile appointment.
What is a condition(s) that is considered urgent for chiropractic care?
A condition that is considered urgent for chiropractic care if it requires immediate attention, but is not life-threatening. In the case of chiropractic care, the following are examples of conditions that may be considered urgent chiropractic care:
- Hours after a muscle or joint injury (such as a work injury, motor vehicle collision, or sports injury) that visibly impairs the person’s ability to move, walk, or stand. For example, the person is able to walk or stand without assistance and/or may be able to continue to go to work/school after the initial injury occurs.
- Inability to walk, stand or sit for more than 30 minutes without localized pain – even after taking prescribed and/or over-the-counter medication.
For life-threatening emergencies, call 9-1-1 or go to your local Hospital ER.
Example of a life-threatening emergency includes, but are not limited to:
- Signs of a heart attack, including severe chest pain or shortness of breath
- Signs of a stroke, including numbness or weakness on one side of your face, body or slurred speech
- Severe head injuries
- Severe abdominal pain
- Coughing or vomiting blood
- Series burns
- Deep cuts or bleeding that won’t stop
- Sudden blurred vision or difficulty seeing
- Sudden slurred speech or difficulty understanding
- High fever
- Pregnancy-related health problems or childbirth
- Any other life-threatening injuries