About Dr. Butler’s Book Club
The goal of Dr. Butler’s Book Club is to encourage everyone to read by providing a safe, friendly environment for open literary discussion. Club members are responsible for reading one book a month. All books are previewed and selected by Dr. Butler. During the meetings, the elected host will provide initial questions, directions and guide the discussion, as necessary. Membership is free and open to anyone aged 18 and over.
If you want to change your life, learn a new skill, or become better at anything, you will find it in a book. Reading is enjoyed by everyone, of all ages, and all walks of life. Reading opens the mind to new possibilities. Reading allows you to travel to places you may visit, have visit, or will never visit, simply by using your imagination.
Did you know illiteracy can lead to poor healthcare treatment, chronic illness and other health disparities???
Education and literacy are important if an individual wants to improve their lives. Research shows that people who have better health tend to have better education. Education comes in many forms. You don’t have to sit in a classroom or take online classes, by reading, you can learn how to do anything. By reading daily, you can not only improve your health, but your finances as well!
Turn off the television, get off the computer or phone, and READ!!!!
As an author and avid reader, Dr. Tiffany T. Butler encourages everyone to read, too. The fact of the matter is, if you are not learning on a daily basis, you will fall behind and eventually be left behind. It is reported that people who read on a daily basis decrease mental decline. If you want a stronger and sharper brain… read!
This Month’s Book Information – May 2022
- Book Title: The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom
- Author: Don Miguel Ruiz
- About the Book: “The Four Agreements, don Miguel Ruiz reveals the source of self-limiting beliefs that rob us of joy and create needless suffering. Based on ancient Toltec wisdom, The Four Agreements offer a powerful code of conduct that can rapidly transform our lives to a new experience of freedom, true happiness, and love.”
- Book Meeting Date/Time/Location: for May will occur on Wednesday, May 26, 2022 from 7:15 – 8:15 p.m. via Zoom platform. If you have any questions, please feel free to email Dr. Butler at firstname.lastname@example.org
Day, Time, and Location for Book Club Meetings
- Day: 4th Wednesday of the Month
- Time: 7:15 p.m. – 8:15 p.m.
- Location: Online via Zoom Platform (a link will be sent to all members prior to the book club meeting)
Benefits of Reading:
- Reduce your blood pressure
- Keeps your brain sharper
- Increase your vocabulary
- Improve your communication skills
- Able to manage stress better
- Increase your knowledge about a variety of topics
- Improve your relationship with yourself and others
Book Club Member Requirements:
- Must be at least 18 years of age to participate and attend book club meetings.
- No cost.
- Free to join.
- By joining and attending a book club meeting, members agree to abide by the Book Club Rules. Violation of the rules will result in membership probation or suspension.
Join Dr. Butler’s Book Club